5/30/14

A short detour… home

"It's a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realise what's changed, is you."
- Eric Roth

That's what I always thought coming home would be like at the end of this adventure. Except this time it's not… not at all. 
About a week and a half ago my sister and I found out our beautiful Nan wasn't doing so great and had been moved into palliative care. Making the decision to book flights straight home wasn't hard at all. We booked flights for a few days later from Dublin to Brisbane; home.

We found out 2 days before we left Dublin that our Nan passed away.


Somehow I got way too lucky with having to sit next to no one for the 7, 13 and 1 hour flights home and the next thing I knew, I was back in my messy bedroom with the same unorganised shit I left everywhere before I went away. And I had my whole family around me. Everyone was full of sadness but so much love. 
We farewelled Nan at a heartbreaking but perfect service and it all ended up happening just way too fast.


Fast forward one week since the funeral… and it feels kind of empty here. I love being home and having familiar faces and having my mum around- don't get me wrong… but I still feel as unmotivated and uninspired here as I did when I left 2 months ago. 


I'm going to start being on the look out for any nice priced flight back to Edinburgh and hopefully I can return there alone and find a half cool job in a cafe or bar or something. 


Until then, I'm going to edit the rest of my pictures, catch up with my wonderful friends over delicious food and hang out at Kingscliff at our holiday van.

No comments:

Post a Comment