4/11/14

Love Lock Bridge

I literally love coming back home to the apartment and downloading my photos onto my laptop to edit and post them around.
Keeps me settled.

The past few days have been busy busy busy - we got a 4 day museum pass giving us access to so many different exhibits and museums. Explored Musée D'Orsay, The Pompidou Centre and today The Versailles. 
I think I actually loved Musée D'Orsay more than The Louvre… a lot easier to navigate through and had an incredible Van Gogh exhibit with so many incredible pieces. Ironically, I loved its even more because you can't take pictures or use your mobile phones at all during the whole museum. Maybe surprising seeing as I take pictures everywhere I go and love it… but when you're forced to put your camera and belongings in a cloak room and you explore a whole art gallery without those things you definitely immerse yourself  more and it's kind of nice to walk around without a bag and shut up the voice of "that'd make a nice picture!". 

We did another (my 3rd… oops) bike tour with Fat Tire Bikes (Highly recommend - seriously just so good) but the night ride which included a river cruise and seeing all the big sites at night. 4.5 hours, 13km's and red wine at the end. Amaze.

Today we went to The Versailles gardens which is just a whole other world. I can't believe the whole thing is behind closed gates… it feels like a suburb. We rented a golf cart (the gardens are that big) and had lunch by the canal, I fell asleep on the grass, we ate ice cream and then saw a girl fall in the water. Classic.

I literally didn't plan on writing much at all… I have no idea what just happened.
Anyway, pictures…!























No comments:

Post a Comment