6/28/12

Moments between moments.


One (very early) morning last week, I spent a couple of hours doing some head shots for 4 lovely dancing students- Jaz, Tom, Alice and Leilani. 

Something so important to me when I'm shooting any person is that they're comfortable in my presence. As soon as the model or subject feels the least bit awkward, intimidated or self-conscious, the photos won't turn out. Luckily, all four of my subjects for this shoot were so friendly and comfortable in front of the camera, that it made it easy to capture some moments between moments. 
These aren't part of their professional head shot collection, but I got carried away when editing and put together a series of each of them. I'd ask them to make a joke to each other when I was shooting each person, and capturing the result was too fun.

Here's the outcome:
Jaz Sherwood

Leilani Rose De Marco
Tom Pitiris
Alice Rose Baker


Please feel free to leave a comment below (anonymously or not) and let me know what you think!
Zoe. x



3 comments:

  1. I love these photographs (black and white are my favourite). You really did capture the moment, I find myself smiling while looking at these, because they all look so happy ! & I love the very first photograph of all four of them in colour, great editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany Louise Ralph!June 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM

    All the photos on this page are beautiful Zoe! You are amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete